Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Couple Notices

EVERYONE!!

I've got a couple cool things to let people know of and to see if they are interested in.

First: How many of you would be willing to join a Malaspina Roleplaying Club. It might be founded by Me, Jake and Tim. There will be a minimum 2$ fee for any student and minimum 5$ fee for any non-student per semester. That money will go towards supplies for the campaign. Now here's the benifits of it: I believe the student union pays for any coffee/tea we drink. We have free photocopying. (Very useful for character sheets), as well as a classroom to play in. We will have projectors that we can hook up to laptops for maps and stuff, white boards, black board, and probably magnets for miniatures and then we can put then right on the wall. And the DM can really have a good view of everything. So let me know whoever is interested

Second of all: I will be running a new C.O.C. It will be for at least 6 people but preferably 8 if I can get them. Here is the premise: You guys are gladiators, will be starting at lvl 4. and will know knowledge of what kind of events are possible that you might be participating in. It will be a tournament and the winner gets their freedom since you are all slaves. All base classes are allowed (With my discresion of course) but there is a couple prestige classes that are off limits. Basically anything that involved specific training. I.e. To be an assassin you need to be trained by an assassin's guild for example.
The challenges will be more geared towards combats, but there will be utility challenges too. Such as capture a node(s), or escape from _____. There will also be co-op challenges.
Every challenge you success will net you 4 more levels to play with for your character. A failed challange (Providing it wasn't fatal) will give you 2 levels (so you can keep going but are now at a handicap), and dying in any challange will eliminate you from the tournament.
You will start will no gold/items, but items will be provided for you based on how well the crowd likes you.
To get the crowd to like you, you can boast as a full round action, or during any attack (be it physical/magical) you may opt to take a penalty to hit/dam, and make a charisma check based on that penalty you opt to take to impress the crowd by making whatever you were doing look phenominal. The more the crowd likes you the better items you'll get so it's easier to survive the next round.

Also, I will be posting the summery (from the spectators view) of the fight which you can read and use to prepare (If necessary) for the next challange.

Any questions about either thing let me know. I want to get a rough number before I continue any futher with each. So if you want to see it happen, let us know.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Akiyhrah said...

I would totally join a roleplaying club. And the school is a good location for me too, that's why I haven't joined a campaign in the past cuz everyone wants to meet in the northend lol

7:31 PM  
Blogger Olives said...

Awesome!
I think we just need 8 people for the club. We have 4 for sure including you, and a few maybes. It'll be sweet it if gets going.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Derp said...

I'd love to do something like that, I'm in

9:42 PM  
Blogger Tim Banky said...

Also, I am (obviously) in

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home